Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: korg t3 (1990)  (Read 6271 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
korg t3 (1990)
« on: December 06, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »
http://www.synthmania.com/t3.htm

i think the timeline is as follows:
korg M1 (88) > Korg T1/T2/T3 (90) > Korg 01/W(91) > Korg X3  (93)korg X5 (95) > Korg Prophecy (95) > trinity

The Korg T-series is often called "the M1 on steroids" and it's quite true.  The T3 features double the amount of ROM waveforms than the M1 has - 8MB as opposed to 4MB in the good old M1.

The T3 can also load M1 presets, and has the same 8-track sequencer - expanded and aided by a useful disk drive.  The famous M1 high-quality effects are also present.

The presets have been reworked, to take advantage from the augmented wave ROM, and it shows - in all, even if this synth came out only a brief time after the M-series, it notably improves its sound and the performance capabilities.

Oddly, Korg never produced a T-series rack format, but the M1REX can be considered that  - this rack contains the whole 8MB of memory that the T3 has ,and is a cross between M1 and T3, capable of morphing in any of these two fine instruments.

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: korg t3 (1990)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: korg t3 (1990)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »
one of these sat in the pawn shop near my house for like 2 years.. and then when i finally decided i was interested i went down to see it and it was gone!

great keyboard
does anyone know if the sounds are different ? or is there alot of overlap between the m1 + the 01/w + the T3, X3 Etc?