Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) proudly SSL-FREE! and serving vintage computers worldwide! if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration.

Author Topic: Reaper 7, on Win98  (Read 717 times)

Offline dawful

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Reaper 7, on Win98
« on: October 19, 2023, 03:02:28 AM »
Everything is the same as in Reaper 6 -> http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/topic,7746.0.html
Cockos is running some pretty tight code. Even on a Pentium M 1.2Ghz, this Daw is holding up. Especially, if you consider that I am running on Win98FE.

There is the VST UI issue. But as mentioned in the previous Reaper post, Docking it to the FX panel solves the issue.

I might enjoy using something else, for composition with only digital instruments. Mulab is high on my list (8 and 9 don't work with KernelEx). But with this laptop setup, and audio recording needs, I don't think I am going to beat Reaper. Not even with era appropriate DAWs.

Offline dawful

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Re: Reaper 7, on Win98
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 07:35:04 AM »
And sadly, I only have ver. 1,2, and 3. I think both 4 and 5 support Win9x. And they both have record monitoring. The older ones don't. But, even if you found a link or torrent to 4/5, they'd probably be dead (too old).