Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Akai MESA for Windows 95 & Mac (working downloads + info)  (Read 31397 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Akai MESA for Windows & Mac (working downloads + info)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:21:46 AM »
http://dlia.ir/Scientific/Magazines/SoundandMusic/Sound.On.Sound.Magazine.Sound.Music/1998/PC%20NOTES-SOS-Sept.pdf

Akai have posted a new improved
PC version 2 of their MESA
sample editing software on their
website (www.akai.com/akaipro).
This includes many of the features
of the Mac version 2, although
neither the press release I have
nor the web site specify exactly
what these are. Note that it still
only currently supports the
XL-series samplers (S2000,
S3000XL, S3200XL and
CD3000XL)

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Akai MESA for Windows & Mac (working downloads + info)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 04:06:55 AM »
http://www.synthman.com/akai/300105.html

While Akai samplers have long been known for their ease-of-operation, today, many people use their samplers in a computer-based environment and have expressed a desire to control and program their samplers from the computer screen. For those people, we have developed the Modular Editing System by Akai (MESA). The MESA program is supplied free with the S2000, S3000XL, S3200XL, CD3000XL and the DPS12i and DPS16 Digital Personal Studios.

At its most basic level, MESA allows graphic editing of every parameter in the new "S" Series samplers. The program comes with a variety of pre-configured control layouts so that you can be up and running immediately. MESA also includes a versatile Layout Editor that lets you design custom control layouts optimized for the exact way you work.

However, MESA is much more than just a graphic editor. With MESA you can create and edit programs and translate sounds from differnet audio file formats such as AIFF and SD2 (Mac version) and .WAV files (PC version).

MESA also includes a File Manager for saving, organizing and accessing sound data on a variety of external storage devices and a graphic Wave Editor for editing sound data as well as recording data from an audio CD in the Mac's internal CD ROM drive.

MESA's modular design makes it easy to update by simply adding a new product module to the appropriate folder. Newly supported products include the DPS12/DPS12i and DPS16 Digital Personal Studios.

MESA for the DPS12/DPS12i and DPS16 features complete control of all mixer parameters and transport controls. Also included is a MIDI dynamic automation recorder that allws you to graphically edit the automation data for each track independently, a MIX Scene manager, Beat Map manager and a Tempo manager. It's even possible to access the recorders basic setup properties such as timecode settings, sampler rate, etc.

Features:

Supplied free with the S2000, S3000XL, S3200XL, CD3000XL samplers and the DPS12i and DPS16 Digital Personal Studios
Allows graphic editing of every parameter of the new S-Series samplers
Comes with a variety of pre-configured control layouts so that you can be up and running immediately
Includes a versatile Layout Editor that lets you design custom control layouts optimized for the exact way you work
Includes a File Manager for saving, organizing and accessing sound data on a variety of external storage devices
Includes a graphic Wave Editor for editing sound data as well as recording data from an audio CD in the Mac's internal CD ROM drive (waveform editing not supported on the DPS12i/DPS16)
Compatible with AppleScripts for the automation of repetitive tasks. A large selection of pre-written scripts are included with MESA. Custom scripts can be created with any AppleScript editor.

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Akai MESA for Windows 95 & Mac (working downloads + info)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:52:05 PM »
"supports S-series
Samplers, S2800, S3000, S3200 and CD3000, and XL-series Samplers, S2000,
S3000XL, S3200XL and CD3000XL."

supports all models of S2000/S2800/S3000/S3200
including XL models

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 07:57:18 AM »
M.E.S.A. I - Mac OS8 Patch

The MesaOS8patch allows Mesa v1.3 to run under Mac OS8. However, since this patch is neither developed by Akai or an Akai authorized software developer, Akai cannot guarantee its satisfactory operation or provide technical support for any problems which may arise from its use. Use at your own risk!

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »
https://web.archive.org/web/20020804152644/http://www.akaipro.com:80/consumersite/productpage.asp?id=76&section=

Modular Editing System by Akai
Supplied free with the S2000, S3000XL, S3200XL, CD3000XL samplers and the DPS12i and DPS16 Digital Personal Studios
Allows graphic editing of every parameter of the new S-Series samplers
Comes with a variety of pre-configured control layouts so that you can be up and running immediately
Includes a versatile Layout Editor that lets you design custom control layouts optimized for the exact way you work
Includes a File Manager for saving, organizing and accessing sound data on a variety of external storage devices
Includes a graphic Wave Editor for editing sound data as well as recording data from an audio CD in the Mac's internal CD ROM drive (waveform editing not supported on the DPS12i/DPS16)
Compatible with AppleScripts for the automation of repetitive tasks. A large selection of pre-written scripts are included with MESA. Custom scripts can be created with any AppleScript editor.
While Akai samplers have long been known for their ease-of-operation, today, many people use their samplers in a computer-based environment and have expressed a desire to control and program their samplers from the computer screen. For those people, we have developed the Modular Editing System by Akai (MESA). The MESA program is supplied free with the S2000, S3000XL, S3200XL, CD3000XL and the DPS12i and DPS16 Digital Personal Studios.

At its most basic level, MESA allows graphic editing of every parameter in the new "S" Series samplers. The program comes with a variety of pre-configured control layouts so that you can be up and running immediately. MESA also includes a versatile Layout Editor that lets you design custom control layouts optimized for the exact way you work.

However, MESA is much more than just a graphic editor. With MESA you can create and edit programs and translate sounds from differnet audio file formats such as AIFF and SD2 (Mac version) and .WAV files (PC version).

MESA Wave Edit Screen

In MESA's Wave Editor you can edit sound data as well as record data from an audio CD.

MESA also includes a File Manager for saving, organizing and accessing sound data on a variety of external storage devices and a graphic Wave Editor for editing sound data as well as recording data from an audio CD in the Mac's internal CD ROM drive.

MESA's modular design makes it easy to update by simply adding a new product module to the appropriate folder. Newly supported products include the DPS12/DPS12i and DPS16 Digital Personal Studios.

MESA for the DPS12/DPS12i and DPS16 features complete control of all mixer parameters and transport controls. Also included is a MIDI dynamic automation recorder that allws you to graphically edit the automation data for each track independently, a MIX Scene manager, Beat Map manager and a Tempo manager. It's even possible to access the recorders basic setup properties such as timecode settings, sampler rate, etc.

Download a PC version of MESA. Download a Mac version of MESA.

Offline MV-GTOW

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 04:05:54 AM »
I've managed to get the Mesa II working with a windows XP machine, It's running nicely with an Akai S3000xl and an adaptec 2940 UW scsi card. I disabled the ultrawide in bios and ran the installer for the DPS16 which seemed to fix the aspi problem. Before I ran this installer I couldn't get it to work.

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 11:28:41 PM »
thanks for sharing your experience + insights
i hope more people can add useful info to expand on this

Offline londonish

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
Man all the links the PC download I've tried don't work.

Anybody got a copy of MESA ideally v1 for Win95?

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 08:46:05 PM »

the link was listed above but here it is as an attachment
i might be wrong but i dont think i ever found a link for the very first version of MESA
but i think version 2 is highly preferred over the first and thats why
the first has purposely been peeled back from focus.. because v2 should work
on both win95 + win98 same as the first version. same platform.

The following are required to run MESA II.
* Pentium Windows95 machine (166MHz or faster is recommended)
* 8MB or more spare RAM memory (16MB recommended)
* Sound card with its Windows95 driver
* SCSI card with its Windows95 driver
* Graphic card capable of 800 x 600 (SVGA)
* 6MB or more free hard disk space
* A mouse
To use MESA II in a SCSI environment, the SCSI board is required for the system
without SCSI board.

ok that file was bad so i found another archive off
this page url: http://rst.in-chemnitz.de/Akai/
also see this link: http://www.up.co.nz/dps/
charts retrieved from: https://web.archive.org/web/20011206065154/http://www.akaipro.com:80/jp/products/software/mesa/mesa.html#win

Offline dnbpsy

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2021, 06:19:43 AM »

the link was listed above but here it is as an attachment
i might be wrong but i dont think i ever found a link for the very first version of MESA
but i think version 2 is highly preferred over the first and thats why
the first has purposely been peeled back from focus.. because v2 should work
on both win95 + win98 same as the first version. same platform.

The following are required to run MESA II.
* Pentium Windows95 machine (166MHz or faster is recommended)
* 8MB or more spare RAM memory (16MB recommended)
* Sound card with its Windows95 driver
* SCSI card with its Windows95 driver
* Graphic card capable of 800 x 600 (SVGA)
* 6MB or more free hard disk space
* A mouse
To use MESA II in a SCSI environment, the SCSI board is required for the system
without SCSI board.

ok that file was bad so i found another archive off
this page url: http://rst.in-chemnitz.de/Akai/
also see this link: http://www.up.co.nz/dps/
charts retrieved from: https://web.archive.org/web/20011206065154/http://www.akaipro.com:80/jp/products/software/mesa/mesa.html#win

Hi!

I want to setup my S3200 (original) to work with MESA II. I've read through this post and it seems that It will only work with mac os 9 MESA II.

Please can someone explain to me this sheet? What is internal SCSI and PCI SCSI and what Mac model has the internal SCSI? I checked a few models and can't find one. I would love to hear an example setup that works.
mesa_mac_compato.JPG (52.32 kB, 629x238 - viewed 358 times.)