Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Sound Quality degradation in Acid?  (Read 3535 times)

Offline 11223312344321

• View Profile
Sound Quality degradation in Acid?
« on: June 25, 2016, 09:29:38 AM »
This is a controversial thing, but I swear I hear a difference in different DAW setups.  I've heard Pro Tools and Logic Setups.  From my perspective, what you put into them is what you get.   In some of the other DAW programs such as Acid, there is some signal degredation?  The reason I am asking about this is because Acid is my favorite DAW due to the ease of use and I am wondering if I can still get a better sound with this program or if there is degradation due to its internal resolution?  Summing etc...  I should clarify I have Acid 4.0 Pro on XP.   
4 track is still the quickest method.

Offline djsabreblade

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Re: Sound Quality degradation in Acid?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 02:36:56 PM »
Thanks for the emagic logic suggestion and I totally agree that since 2002 everything has been going downhill!! Of course in the early 2000's we didn't notice it as the change was gradual. But eventually we all come to the realization of hey wait a minute why is life so much worse today then it was back then? And it gets one thinking. Nothing has been good since back then.