Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: motu performer 3.61 (1992) 800k Floppy  (Read 5999 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
motu performer 3.61 (1992) 800k Floppy
« on: August 17, 2016, 12:12:29 AM »
very interested in getting a copy of this program if anyone has it please send me a message Thanks!

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3681088?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

circa 1992

800k disk (readable only in beige macs with variable speed floppy drive)
winter 1991?

HOW VINTAGE MAESTROS COMPOSED DIGITAL MUSIC BACK IN THE DAY
In 1985, Mark of the Unicorn introduced Performer digital music sequencer for arrangement and performance with MIDI-interfaced synthesizers and electronic instruments.  With the release of Performer version 3.61 in 1992, MOTU had also developed extended capabilities allowing the operator direct access to deeper features of instruments  and various types of machines, all via MIDI interfaces and custom graphic buttons and sliders.

Using a Macintosh to write and play your own musical compositions for preservation of your masterpiece to digital file or print-out to share with an orchestra was cutting edge technology for artists of the day. Performer was the professional way to create and distribute music on the Mac in the 1980s and early 90s. Owning the original installation disks for Apple-compatible software allows you to properly install and operate the application on a legacy model Macintosh computer.

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: motu performer 3.61 (late 1991) 800k Floppy
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 06:03:35 PM »

circa 1991-1992 - ad from august 1991
Performer is also supported by an impressive range of hardware MIDI Timepiece expands the system to 128 MIDI Channels + provides full SMPTE to tape synchronisation while Video Timepiece enables Performer to be locked to video systems, running either linear or vertical time code (MTC) MIDI Mixer 7s is a software controlled mixer with seven stereo input channels two-band EQ, and stereo FX sends offering MIDI controlled mix automation while the 3 in 15-out Video Distribution Amp offers a simple solution to the video routing and signal splitting problems encountered in small A/V studios.

If you want to add digitally recorded sounds to your sequences, look no further than Digital Performer which works with Digidesign Sound Tools Hard Disk Recording System, allowing digital audio to be manipulated alongside your MIDI sequence data.

Choose mark of the unicorn for technical excellence and a vigorous  update policy ensuring that you will have a great partner in music for years to come!
http://www.muzines.co.uk/images_mag/scans/mt/mt_91_08/l/mt_91_08-26.jpg

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: motu performer 3.61 (1992) 800k Floppy
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »

Offline MasamiWS

• Music Composer / Keyboardist
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud page
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 11:39:44 AM »
I'm refueling this topic because I'm also interested to get a copy of this old sequencer... since it wasn't available at any place among the web.
So, il anybody is owning a diskette of that version of MOTU Performer, let's share it !
Masami

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 12:31:49 PM »
noone seems to want to take the time to sell their old copy either - i havent seen a copy of performer prior to v5 for sale ANYWHERE on the web in the last 5-6 years at all not even once

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 05:29:37 PM »
I'm refueling this topic because I'm also interested to get a copy of this old sequencer... since it wasn't available at any place among the web.
So, il anybody is owning a diskette of that version of MOTU Performer, let's share it !

hey Masami!
yes apparently v5 needs system 7.1 or higher so to use performer on a older mac (system 6) im not sure which version would be required for system 6 + below???...

Offline smilesdavis

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 11:24:54 PM »

#applesauce