Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: motu microlite usb (Apr 2006?)  (Read 3116 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
motu microlite usb (Apr 2006?)
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:23:53 PM »

Offline rasputin

• Loving this site since 2018!
    • View Profile
    • Crow Caw Music Works
Re: motu microlite usb (Apr 2006?)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 11:15:10 PM »
Hi friends....I'm starting a new project to try to resurrect some of my old MIDI tunes from the 2000s*. I have had the micro lite for a long time, but have not used it since I was running Windows 7. Going to the MOTU.com website, I see that there are downloads available for this box as recent as 2021, including for Windows 11 and MacOS 12.

I'll post back here once I get the latest driver installed and see if I can run my old MIDI synths with it, and hopefully update here with the info. Of course if anyone else has managed to do this do tell!

Best
Tim S 8)

* The motivation for this is that I discovered fiverr.com and got the idea that I might be able to hire some good musicians to play some of my MIDI parts for drum, keyboard, and guitar and possibly breathe new live into old tracks, that might have had some musical value but fell down in the performance and production.
tim p scott
making music with computers since before there were computers! (well, kind of: actually more like 1994-1995 or so)
Some favorite software: Opcode Vision/Max, Reason, Ableton Live.

Offline rasputin

• Loving this site since 2018!
    • View Profile
    • Crow Caw Music Works
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 07:58:41 PM »
Well, the micro lite does seem to work well with Windows 10 Pro, in Reaper, Live, Cakewalk, etc.
So far, my "Resurrection" project has not needed the old hardware synths, I'm going back to versions that still used software synths.
tim p scott
making music with computers since before there were computers! (well, kind of: actually more like 1994-1995 or so)
Some favorite software: Opcode Vision/Max, Reason, Ableton Live.

Offline P5r

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 09:24:17 PM »
Good Show...Glad it's getting sorted out....