Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: radeon 7000 mac edition PCI  (Read 5002 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
radeon 7000 mac edition PCI
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:55:30 AM »
for radeon 7000 AGP click here http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php?topic=3831

http://www.macworld.com/article/1004789/radeon7000.html
http://www2.ati.com/manuals/radeon7000userguide.pdf

http://web.archive.org/web/20030209212348/http://www.ati.com/technology/hardware/radeon7000/specs.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X109-85500-01+ati.TRS0&_nkw=109-85500-01+ati&_sacat=0

specifications
Controller
RADEON™ 7000 (also known as RADEON™ VE)
Bus type
AGP 2X/4X version, 2.0 compliant
Memory
32MB DDR SDRAM unified frame buffer, Z-buffer and texture storage
RAMDAC
300MHz dual DACs. 165MHz TMDS for digital display
Connectors
DB-15 analog and DVI-I analog/digital monitor outputs, or
Enhanced Dual Display (EDD) Connector
Dimensions
6.6" x 2.5". Low-profile AGP
6.500 x 3.678". ATX
Additional product features
VESA 3 (flash ROM) BIOS
Dual independent display (VGA+DVI & VGA+VGA with DVI to VGA converter; or DVI+ DVI, or VGA+GVA with enhanced dual display connector)
HYDRAVISION™ Dual Display Management Software
DVD playback with integrated motion compensation and iDCT
Compliant with Microsoft/Intel PC2001 Workstation requirements
Video Timings compliant with VESA DMT 1.0 and VESA GTF 1.0
Operating systems support
Windows® XP
Windows® 2000
Windows® Me
Windows® 98/SE
Monitor support
CRT monitor: 15-pin VGA connector
DVI-I (flat panel display) connector
Display support
Register compatible with VGA
BIOS compatible with VESA for super VGA
DDC1/2b/2b+ monitor support
VESA display power management support
Separate horizontal & vertical synchronization at TTL levels

ATI unveils Radeon 7000, 8500 Mac cards
http://www.macworld.com/article/1002909/appleati.html

By Peter Cohen
PCWorld | JAN 8, 2002 12:00 AM PT

Today graphics chip and card maker ATI Technologies, Inc. announced their newest graphics cards for the Macintosh -- the Radeon 7000 Mac Edition and Radeon 8500 Mac Edition. One card offers dual display graphics capabilities for mainstream consumers while the other offers cutting edge performance for gamers and pro users.

Radeon 7000 Mac Edition

The Radeon 7000 Mac Edition is a PCI-based graphics card which features 32MB of DDR memory. The card supports Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, accelerating QuickTime and OpenGL graphics rendering. The card supports DVD playback via ATI's Video Immersion technology, and Full Scene Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) technology can be activated to smooth jaggy 3D images in real time.

The Radeon 7000 Mac Edition features three video connectors -- DVI-I, a digital interface compatible with many third-party flat panel displays; VGA, for standard CRT monitors, and S-Video out. Any two of the three connectors can be used to output video, enabling users to utilize a Mac equipped with the card as a dual-display system.

ATI said the card will be shipping to distributors and retailers and will be on shelves next week. The Radeon 7000 Mac Edition card carries a suggested retail price of US$129.

Radeon 8500 Mac Edition

ATI has also introduced its answer to rival nVidia's GeForce 3 graphics hardware, the AGP-based Radeon 8500 Mac Edition. The graphics board uses the Radeon 8500 graphics processing unit ATI originally released in 2001 for PC users.

The Radeon 8500 Mac Edition features a core clock speed of 250MHz and a memory clock speed of 275MHz. 64 MB of DDR memory is included.

The Radeon 8500 Mac Edition introduces Mac users to a number of new technologies, including:

Truform, ATI's rendering technology which smooths 3D images in a way that doesn't significantly impact the card's ability to process complex 3D graphics;
Smoothvision, a full scene anti-aliasing technology.
Smartshader, ATI's programmable pixel and vertex shader technology;
Hyper Z II, a memory bandwidth saving technology;
Charisma Engine II, a hardware transform, clipping and lighting engine that features a peak processing capability of up to 62.5 million triangles per second;
Pixel Tapestry II, a high-performance 3D rendering engine featuring four rendering pipelines;
Video Immersion II, the second generation of ATI's DVD playback and video de-interlacing technology.
The card is compatible with AGP-equipped Power Mac G4s running Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X (no PCI version is available). The Radeon 8500 Mac Edition also sports DVI-I, VGA and TV-out connectors, and like the Radeon 7500 Mac Edition, this card can be used with multiple displays.

ATI said the Radeon 8500 Mac Edition card will be available beginning in February. It carries a suggested retail price of US$299. MacCentral will be meeting with ATI during this week's Macworld Conference & Expo in San Francisco, Calif. Anticipate seeing more details soon.

This story, "MWSF: ATI unveils Radeon 7000, 8500 Mac cards" was originally published by PCWorld.

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Re: radeon 7000 vga only OEM
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:57:43 AM »
comment here from 2003:

currently using a Rage 128. :D I've been considering moving to a flashed pc radeon 7000 (agp, I have to, it's a cube) cuz the 7000 is a great performance gain without the heat problems of something like a GeForce 3. A quote on performance of the AGP 7000 from CubeOwner:

"well, the radeon 7000 AGP IS faster than the radeon classic, it even beats the geforce 2MX! according to xbench 1.0, the three cards perform almost equal in the "Quartz Graphics Test" and the "User Interface Test" but in OpenGL, the Radeon7000 is clearly faster, not that much, but about 30%."

If you're looking for games, that OpenGL bit is gold for you. The gf2mx is significantly better than the 128, don't have benches, but you can actually play some almost-modern games with the gf2.

Here we go, from the first XLR8 link (http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/Graphics/radeon_7000_feedback.html) above:

" I bought the Radeon 7000 to replace my stock Rage128 in my B&W G3/450. As I have no AGP slot, it's looking like this is best card I can find right now for gaming purposes.

Installation in my 66mhz slot was a breeze. Since I'm running OS 9.0.4, I used Tomeviewer to extract OpenGL 1.2.2 and put it into my extensions folder. Works great. My first boot under the new card reset my 17" Studio Display back to 640x480, as your other readers reported. Once the system booted I simply changed it back to my prefered resolution with no problems. The card seemed to only offer marginal 2D performance increases. It was difficult to tell in general use. However, my Quake experience was completely altered. I general play I went from 18-55 fps (peaks at 100) to 50-100 (peaks at 130) fps using custom configs. Resolutions under 1024x768 were very quick and stable. Over that and it became more choppy and inconsistant. For those who are interested, using a custom config in a very low setting, I was able to coax 55-88 fps at 1600x1200 on my machine. It wasn't pretty, but it was suprisingly quick.

Overall this has been an excellent addition for the price. It was a painless and transparent upgrade to my system, but packed a huge performance punch. Thanks for collecting all those user comments and running a fantastic site!
-Pat"

im just trying to find the best performing card for my mac os 8.6 machines..one of which is the b+w g3 450mhz.. which came stock with the VGA only rage 128 GL powered card.. (rage 128? prior to pro version?)  so that it wont give me headaches booting in between 8.6 + 9.22 - the flashed 64mb card with DVI + VGA + svid, its giving me problems on my B+W g3.. vga outputs a purple blank screen

notice the RV6P 32 + 64mb variants below with no ATI RADEON logo, notice they have a COAXIAL video output?? is this Coaxial s-video? or videoc composite out? like back in the EGA/VGA wonder days??? im not sure maybe someone can post if they know