this site exists for reference purposes for all those interested in learning about the original hardware + software from the late 1980s + early 1990s thanks for visiting
Who | MIDI hardware | Software | TIMELINE | PCI | ISA | ATARI ST | DOS/PC | WIN/PC | MAC | Drums | Synths | Modules |Sequencers | Samplers | Tape Rec | Mix Consoles |
Artists | Recent | VST | ios inst | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai "S" | Roland "MC" | MPCs | Roland "S" | Drum Machines | Roland JV Addons | early 90s Synths | late 80s synths
guests are encouraged to: REGISTER for permission to  view file attachments + add relevant videos, downloads, resources. (credit your SOURCE!).
to post a youtube video simply paste the url! the embed will be automatically added

Author Topic: Swapping of old versions of FL 1.x.x & 2.x.x  (Read 1003 times)

Offline iRelevant

Swapping of old versions of FL 1.x.x & 2.x.x
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:41:24 AM »
I'm trying to collect demo version of FL in this lines. Would like to get in touch with someone who has versions of this, at the moment I have v1.0, v1.2, v1.4.3, v2.1.1, v2.5.4 (Defective archive from wayback machine that I hacked together somehow so that it works fairly good), v2.7.1 and v2.7.2. All these versions run fine under winXP (some need compatibility modus set) exect v1.0 which I only got to run on a win98SE machine.

I also have some v3.x.x demos, but that's not my focus at the moment.

I'm also interested in some good links to old H20, OXYGEN etc. stuff ... seems to me like google and the bay have been surgically cleaned of references to any of this old stuff.

Edit : I stumbled across FL v1.2 demo, runs fine under win XP. Very simple cute thang. It's from 1998 and 1,7MB.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:13:25 AM by iRelevant »

Offline Mixermap

Re: Swapping of old versions of FL 1.x.x & 2.x.x
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:10:22 AM »
I have FL Pro 1.76 TS404 (1999) if it's of any use. Also from the same period, FruityTracks 1.4 (1999), Fruity SimSynth Live for FL1.7 (2001) and FL Dreamstation Synth (2002)

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 02:36:34 PM »
not so sure anyone is really worried about surgically cleaning this info from the publics grasp...
rather it is that its 2017 and people have moved on and sites go up + down on the internet
links get broken, over time, thank god for the way back machine!! this site would honestly not even exist
if it wasnt for the wayback machine + sos magazine's archives! lol that got everything started back 3-4 years ago
for me....

u guys are free to share links on the site to file sharing services like medafire etc
if its a very small (10-25mb) filesize and a very old program (1999 + prior) then i
dont really have a problem with it being attached as a file attachment...

i encourage anyone and everyone interested in "helping out" to upload their original installer media that requires dongles so that people who have found dongles on ebay or been given them second hand from friends or family - alot of people end up losing the original disks after 20 years alot can happen right? - anyway - i think its great to have these original installers available for people who wish to use a dongle they have got their hands on withotu the software.

like i said i really dont think that these companies are worried about versions this old...
like im sure a company like propellerheads is not worried about reason v1/v2/v3 being used
when they are making their money off serious producers who are wanting to run VST on v9.5
of reason DAW.... companies only make money off products for about 2-6 years max and then
they move on and make a more recent version of the product and drop support for the old
they survive by being supported by people who want leading edge tech... not broke hobbyist
musicians that have no money to burn anyway... ! anyway thats just my thoughts
i hope im correct in that thinking.

Offline iRelevant

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 06:24:17 PM »
I would love to have the FL Pro 1.76 TS404. I'm a bit neoluditt so I'm not shure how do this. Should I PM you for exchange via e-mail or is there some better way ? Do I have anything of interest for you ?

Offline iRelevant

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »
Hi Chris. First of all I would like to thank you for making this wonderful site. I'm truly impressed by the incredible amount of useful information you have been able to put together. Great work !

I think the reason for the problems finding the True FruityLoops, which in my opinion is v1 to v3, is because of the legal problems with the Kellogs Company over alleged trademark violations ... I guess as part of that settlement all reference to FruityLoops was removed and changed to FruityLoops Studio. I refuse to belive that it can be so hard to find these versions naturally, I think I downloaded my v1.4.3 demo version from some obscure Russian guitar site in Sibir :) Found it through the Yandex search engine.

I think distribution of old demo versions are beneficial to the software companies, as it generates future demand for their products. But if you read an EULA these days, they own you :) Probably safest to do it on a P2P basis.

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »
thanks im hopin for more people to contribute + fill in the blanks + connect whatever dots i missed!
and/or any corrections + personal reviews + personal experiences etc

Offline iRelevant

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 11:43:52 AM »
not so sure anyone is really worried about surgically cleaning this info from the publics grasp...

Check out this link that I found in the Wayback Machine ...
http://web.archive.org/web/20111018040405/http://www.fruityloops.net/
It may explain why most of the web archive with reference to fruityl00ps is broken, particularly the early days and versions v1.x to v3.x ... before it turned into FL Studio from v4.x. Powerful corporations don't go easy on perceived trademark infringements.

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
http://web.archive.org/web/20000229041817/http://www.fruityloops.net/

this backup circa 2000 shows a graphic that says "if u like the machine, u gonna love the software"
did Fruityloops create a hardware sequencer before the software??? ???

Offline iRelevant

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 10:52:17 PM »
did Fruityloops create a hardware sequencer before the software??? ???

Not to my knowledge, I think the "machine" they are thinking about here is the Roland TB 303.
The TS404 channe instrumentl (TB 303 inspired) was for many the heart of FL. They killed the TS404 channel in FL12 and replaced it with a plugin instrument called Trasistor Bass ... which is supposed to be a better clone of the TB 303.

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator