Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: quasimidi quasar (1994?)  (Read 2877 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
quasimidi quasar (1994?)
« on: August 06, 2017, 07:30:38 PM »
http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/quasimidi_quasar/

Gorgeous techno-rave-machine! The sound is grungy and sparkling with a lot of dynamics. The arpeggiator is one of the best I¥ve ever seen, and its output can even be recorded by a MIDI sequencer. You can adjust filter sweeps and other parameters on the fly and also record your changes to a MIDI-recorder just as you entered them. The Quasar has more than a thousand samples in ROM, but the editing facilities are rather limited. But since the patches sound so good already, you'll be quite happy with them! Unfortunately the Quasar is almost impossible to find second hand - anyone who ever had one, will never part from it!

I'm doing most of my tracks with this Synth( Ok I furhter have only a BassStation and a Poly 800, and for the Samples my Turtle Beach Tropez)but it's got a grat Sound , you can upgrade it (I have the TRE ROM Module)and if U have not so much money it´s the Best Synth which can happen 2 U!

Very different sounding - perky, resonant bass sounds and great drums (including the TR-808 and TR-909 drumkits