Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: list of devices capable of playing music files off a usb thumbdrive  (Read 2846 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
i was just reading the manual for my Samsung HW-H450 speaker soundbar..
and i realized the manual says it can play music files off a usb stick!
so im wondering if this is a unique ability... surely there are alot of other devices also capable
of performing this.. but seeing as apple has just discontinued the ipod this may be of interest!

USB Host Support
You can connect and play music files from external USB storage devices such as MP3 players, USB flash
memory, etc. using the Soundbar's USB HOST function"

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/tv-av/audio-video/soundbar/HW-H450/ZC/
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201411/20141114104022428/HW-H450-ZA-1114_Bookmark.pdf

im just posting this post as a reminder now as I DONT have time to do this atm.. but id like to figure out some other options.. and see if theres any other bluetooth speakers that also are able to play files off a usb hard drive or thumb drive

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info