Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Software to control hardware synth  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Yazoo55

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Software to control hardware synth
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:38:21 PM »
I would welcome some advice. I want to be able to control a Yamaha MU100 through software. At the moment I just want to be able to select instruments for live playing, not for recording purposes. What is the easiest program I could use to do this please? My computer is a Mac Mini running El Capitan. I realise I will need to buy a USB to midi converter as the Yamaha has DIN plugs and no USB.

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info

Offline Yazoo55

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Re: Software to control hardware synth
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:02:24 AM »
My problem was I did not have the money to invest in further gear. I have got a working solution. I bought a second hand midi interface off eBay and linked this to a spare netbook. I got hold of The XGPad software - you need to get this via the Wayback machine. It is all up and running now and I can easily select all the voices including those on the plugin boards.