Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: CUBASE VST 3.7 FOR WINDOWS RELEASED (Jun 1999)  (Read 9496 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
CUBASE VST 3.7 FOR WINDOWS RELEASED (Jun 1999)
« on: November 16, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »
free upgrade to users of cubase 3.5 or higher;
June 30, 1999
http://www.harmonycentral.com/news/cubase-vst-3.7-for-windows-released

Steinberg announces Cubase VST 3.7 for Windows. The upcoming version of Cubase VST for Windows incorporates the new VST 2.0 Plug-In interface, enabling software synthesizers and software samplers in Plug-In format to be integrated into the VST architecture. VST 2.0 compatible PlugIns then also can be controlled in realtime via MIDI-controls and utilize multiple Audio I/Os if available.

With ASIO 2.0 now all the compatible drivers can provide direct hardware monitoring with zero latency and multi application support. The new ASIO Positioning Protocol allows source and destination device to sync with sample accuracy.

The VST Channel Views Menu now allows the user to select and specify which VST Mixer channels will be visible. The Channel View helps to organize the virtual studio for certain production situations: The number of used VST channels, Submixers, Synth-, Sampler- and Rebirth-Channels.

In addition, the Cubase VST/24 Mixer/EQ section includes an extension with 5 new real-time processing modules - Compressor, Limiter, Auto Gate, Auto Limit and a Soft Clip. There's also a new file import format - Cubase 3.7 now supports the Mixman TRK format, allowing remixes created in Mixman to be imported and further edited in Cubase VST. To make the virtual studio environment even more user-friendly, a number of VST elements can now be controlled remotely via external devices such as the Yamaha 01-V.

Since the newly-released Cubase VST 3.65 (available from March, 1st, 1999) there is included support for the Intel Pentium III processor, whose enhanced performance is due not only to an increase in CPU clock speed, but also to the introduction of the new PIII processor's streaming SIMD extensions. In Cubase VST 3.7 also, a number of audio processing functions including the VST Engine, EQs, and various Plug-Ins make use of these new extensions, ensuring that hardly any performance degradation occurs.

For registered users of Cubase VST 3.50 and higher the update to Cubase VST 3.7 will be free of charge, and downloadable via the Internet. Customers who don't have Internet access can obtain a Cubase VST 3.7 CD ROM for a nominal fee.
Cubase VST 3.7 will be available during Q2 1999.

original cd installer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v9p7asp1k6epanb/Cubase_VST_3.7.iso
requires hardware key - uncracked

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CUBASE VST 3.7 FOR WINDOWS RELEASED (Jun 1999)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 05:34:44 AM »
unfortunately, i was unable to authorize this app with the blue Cubase VST/32 dongle for whatever reason;
i thought that it would work; but it seems that dongle only will work for 5.x Cubase VST versions

Offline foksadure

• Stuck in 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 06:43:22 PM »
Just got a nice licensed Windows Cubase VST3.7 that came along with the upgrade to Cubase SX2, and both hardware red // and 1st gen USB protection keys.

No problem to run SX2 on XP, along with Cubase VST5, both legit (USB and // blue dongles).

I thought at first that the red parallel dongle that was included was defective or had been neutered due to the SX2 update, since it does not have a sticker and does not run the uncracked v2.83/3.05 16bit versions which I own since 1997 (along with its red // dongle).

Out of curiosity, I tried a clean install of VST3.7 on another Win9x computer, without any cracked Cubase version, and ran it with the "dead" dongle: voilĂ ! it's actually a VST24 red // dongle.

What's weird is that neither it does allow to run the 16bit Cubase Audio XT v3.05 that's included on the CD-R, when installed with the same 11xxxxxxx licence number (or even 11000000).

So it would seem that there are red parallel dongles that only runs Cubase VST3.x. :o

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 07:41:26 AM »
red green blue...  ;D whatever
did u ever try it on a Win9x OS? (98, 95) or Win3.1?
i wonder if it would work there...

Offline foksadure

• Stuck in 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 07:37:00 AM »
The dual-booting laptop runs a clean WinME "98lited" install (Win95OSR2 explorer and shell), which is fast as hell, along with a XP Trust install for VST5.2 and access to LAN resources.

Just tried the "Cubase 3.x Key Authorization Compatibility Tool" from Steinberg, as found into the Library folder of the VST5 CDR.

https://www.proaudiosupport.com/a23260/cubase-vst-5.0-dongle.html

Seems its intended purpose was to allow to run the VST3.5/3.7 with a VST5 blue LPT: dongle.
Or the oher way around, to run VST5 with a VST3.5/3.7 LPT: dongle (green or red, it's not specified).

It just swaps the Synso32.dll into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ from version 2.0.0.0 (142kB) to version 3.0.0.0 (120kB).
VST24 3.7 Synso32.dll is yet another one (135kB), and does not have any embedded version infos.

But not much luck either, VST3.7 won't run with the blue VST5 dongle.
And VST5 does not recognize the red VST24 dongle.
I understand why people are sticking to cracked versions, that also launches much faster without the dongle check.

USB  eLicenser has an edge here, TBH.

Off-topic: weird config of yours with this forum. The left/right arrow keys don't move the cursor backward/forwoard into the text box as expected, but are bound to previous/next page of the web browser. It's a royal PITA when redacting posts here, if you ask me, unless there's a reason to this. :-\
see thread http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/topic,7730.0.html
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 12:13:06 PM by foksadure »

Offline smilesdavis

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 01:06:59 PM »
I dont understand that
So many opportunities to collect all them dongles