Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: windows 98 installation woes - partitions  (Read 2977 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
windows 98 installation woes - partitions
« on: August 24, 2018, 07:13:17 AM »
if you are having trouble installing win98se onto a large hard drive it may be due to the hard drive controller itself not beign compatible with the drive media you are using
for example i just tried to use a 16gb CF card from kingston that works fine in my MDD G4.. but trying to put it on awin98 PC it would not work.. i had nothing but problems..
a solution might be to create a small primary partition of 3GB or less, and the rest in an an Extended Partition with Logical Partition inside of that extended partition!

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=19215