this site exists for reference purposes for all those interested in learning about the original hardware + software from the late 1980s + early 1990s thanks for visiting
Who | MIDI hardware | Software | TIMELINE | PCI | ISA | ATARI ST | DOS/PC | WIN/PC | MAC | Drums | Synths | Modules |Sequencers | Samplers | Tape Rec | Mix Consoles |
Artists | Recent | VST | ios inst | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai "S" | Roland "MC" | MPCs | Roland "S" | Drum Machines | Roland JV Addons | early 90s Synths | late 80s synths
guests are encouraged to: REGISTER for permission to  view file attachments + add relevant videos, downloads, resources. (credit your SOURCE!).
to post a youtube video simply paste the url! the embed will be automatically added

Author Topic: Another Reaper fan  (Read 227 times)

Offline rasputin

• new to the site
    • Crow Caw Music Works
Another Reaper fan
« on: August 26, 2018, 10:43:03 AM »
If I'm reading things correctly it looks like there are no other posts here about Reaper except by chrisNova. There are tons of other places on the net to read about it, but I just have to chime in here about how awesome it is.

For just one example: early versions of Reaper didn't have notation support. A few months ago I had a project where I wanted to convert some ancient MIDI pieces of mine to notation and was amazed at how capable and well designed Reaper's capabilities are now.

Somewhere along the line I ponied up the $50 for a personal license and figure I've been well rewarded. I never really got into a decent workflow with Sonar, and early Reaper could be a little -- unpolished -- but its performance has never been an issue. The tiny size and fast install/load times are a plus too.
tim p scott
making music with computers since before there were computers! (well, kind of: actually more like 1994-1995 or so)

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Re: Another Reaper fan
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 06:05:54 AM »
i havent spent much time with the software myself
but, i do remember that i was using it sometime back in 2013 or so, and i was trying to do something specific
and i was very impressed by their support, the support staff created an animaetd gif to show me how to do exactly what i was trying to do and i was really impressed..

they are good people the people behind the software!+ capable too