Author Topic: green oak crystal VST (old version for Panther/Tiger)  (Read 3108 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info

Offline rasputin

• new to the site
    • Crow Caw Music Works
Re: green oak crystal VST (64 bit windows version!)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 06:20:07 PM »
Thanks for posting this Chris!

For users of more recent Mac (10.15) and Windows (64 bit) I have great news about the amazing free synth Crystal: the developer has released updated versions (for desktop as well as iPad/iPhone). See the history here http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/indexDesktop3.html.

I found this out just this week, since for various reasons I had to resurrect an old piece from 2002 which was in Ableton Live format on the PC. For other reasons that are too painful to think about, I had to upgrade a dead PC to Win 10 a few months ago which means basically 32 bit stuff is going to be left behind. Amazingly, I found 64 bit versions of Dimension Pro and Synth1 which work great, but it looked like I was SOL on the Crystal track.

It does work perfectly so I was basically able to run the track in Live 10 in 64 bit mode. (It also used PerfectSpace which doesn't appear to have been compiled for 64 bit, but I used the impulse file from the track in the free Convology-XT convolution reverb VST and with a little tweaking got it to sound very good.)
tim p scott
making music with computers since before there were computers! (well, kind of: actually more like 1994-1995 or so)