Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) proudly SSL-FREE! and serving vintage computers worldwide! if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration.

Author Topic: The largest collection of old audio software [PRESERVATION]  (Read 1040 times)

Offline OGF

• View Profile
Hey Guys,

a while ago i started a project about preserving every piece of old audio software that i can find.
Thanks to many anonymous contributers and countless hours of work we reached a new milestone today with over 3000~ scene releases archived. In addition countless fffical/freeware/p2p/preset stuff is currently being sorted.

The project is still far from going public but we will get there for sure! Maybe we will release the first package this year, lets see.

If you want to help out, contribute or are just interested in this project: PM me. Sharing is caring and that stuff is not that easy to find :)

I also recently made a discord (which is still very empty) to discuss old audio software. If thats your thing, come join:
https://discord.gg/eM5VdmBW6A (Not a place to get warez from!!!)

Anyway, stay safe
Peace  :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 05:32:33 AM by OGF »

Offline foksadure

• Stuck in 1997
    • View Profile
Re: The largest collection of old audio software [PRESERVATION]
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 01:16:53 PM »
Interesting project.

I may even have some files in my backups to contribute.

Keep us updated here.

Offline OGF

• View Profile
Re: The largest collection of old audio software [PRESERVATION]
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 04:39:09 PM »
I made at least some progress regarding the database and i will upload the mighty list next week. So it will get much easier for helpers to.. yeah.. help.
It grows, even if progress is very slow rn.

stay safe guys