Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Looking for a midi sequencer that looks vintage but works modern  (Read 2391 times)

Offline LicolaBeats

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i'm running a old school production studio with a 1977 24tk Mixer, samplers, synths and so on.
I want to use a old school method; i have 2 computers, one for sequencing midi over my gears and one for master 2-track recording from the mixer out.

As said before, i love vintage, that's why i'm writing on this forum. I think you reader love vintage too  8)

I need a software midi sequencer that both looks vintage and sends/receive midi data from my actual midi interface (an AKAI MPD24). I'm using a 2008 toshiba windows laptop for the midi sequencing.

The best software i found was JJ SEQUENCER which is a nice rip-off of the AKAI MPC sequencer.
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/jj-seq/

Do you know any vintage-looking midi sequencers that i can use with this configuration? I would love to use something very quirky like Voyetra Sequencer Plus but i need an old school computer and midi interface to run it.

Gimme some 8 bit colours, guys!!!

Bye,

LicolaBeats!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:50:27 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline hageir

• Z80 & 68000
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a midi sequencer that looks vintage but works modern
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:29:45 PM »
SEQ24
it looks great.

But USB is a no-no for MIDI my friend.
Check out actual Serial ports or FireWire.