Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: focurite and Sonar 6  (Read 7115 times)

Offline stevieb777

• new to the site
    • View Profile
focurite and Sonar 6
« on: October 31, 2020, 06:59:48 AM »
Is there a compatibility issue i can fix using Cakewalk Sonar 6 and Focusrite 2i2 2rd gen in both XP and Win7? i keep getting blue screens.

Thanks

Steve

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Re: focurite and Sonar 6
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 07:38:19 PM »
can be hard to diagnose;
what are u doing when the BSOD occurs?

from what i can tell, the 2nd gen Focusrite Scarlett interfaces were released Jun 1, 2016
whereas Cakewalk Sonar 6 is almost 10 years older, coming out in October 5, 2006
they do usually test audio hardware with popular apps and there have been documented wierd errors that had to be corrected by beta testers + developers; you can see evidence of this by reading driver update notes;
apart from that i dont have any experience with the focusrite interfaces personally to offer here

you could easily download a more recent version of cakewalk (2016+) given that it is freeware now and try to see if you can replicate the issue?
https://www.cakewalk.com/Press/2016

Offline stevieb777

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 07:31:37 PM »
Recording mostly. Yes it is free now but i didn't like how Sonar evolved and i still use Sonar 6. I've alresdy gone back to M-audio pci soundcards, thanks for the feedback

Offline P5r

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 09:53:10 PM »
Yeah, I agree...Sonar went poopoo, actually quite awhile ago...

I think most optimal was Sonar 7 but as for me I still use Sonar 2.2 and Project5 1.5 & 2.5.1...

The VST to DX Wrapper works better than alot of newer DAWs for plug scanning (ableton)...