Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Help  (Read 2177 times)

Offline javierm

• new to the site
    • View Profile
    • seoplanner
Help
« on: December 12, 2020, 05:07:46 PM »
Hello everyone around here it is a pleasure to greet you I have just registered on the site I would like to know if it is within your possibilities to help me clarify certain doubts that I have with my laptop, I used to have windows 7 I had to restart it and install windows 10 but I I noticed that it is too slow to start and sometimes it gets stuck that may be happening, how can I solve it

Offline P5r

• View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 05:23:23 PM »
So I'm assuming you had Windows 10 FORCE INSTALLED on your machine?

I would reformat it & re-install Windows 7 (or EARLIER) & discombobulate any updating whatsoever...

I have a blind GrandDaughter that had windows 10 force installed even though updates were turned OFF...Nothing but problems ever since this force install & windows 10 ALWAYS updating (That's a LIE it's actually SPYING!!) when starting up...

Windows 10 is GARBAGE you'd be better off with windows '95....I use XP SP3 on 7 of my machines...NEVER AN ISSUE!! No forced windows 10 installs either...

I have ONE MACHINE that is windows 10 64bit & I ONLY use it offline...It never sees the internet & it constantly YEARNS for the hookup...This was given to me by a neighbor I do favors for...I would never buy such a machine...

Mostly use it for burning movies & some graphics apps...No music creation...

So there you have it...go back...GO BACK to windows 7 or earlier or face a life of shit beyond belief!!!

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Re: Help
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 07:10:29 AM »
im not a windows 7 purist - theres many ways you can tweak windows 10 to disable alot of its default resource wasting; but i think it sounds like you may do well to buy a new hard drive or SSD; with a new SSD windows 10 should have less problems. im not a fan of windows 10; windows is a pretty brain dead platform but there is a crazy amount of support for it;