Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: interfaccia MIDI vintage cabletronic mint290 problema configurazione MIDI  (Read 3814 times)

Offline dogufo

• new to the site
    • View Profile
good morning to those who will have the patience to read my problem; :) :) :)

I have a vintage MIDI interface cabletronic mint290; connected USB 2.0 with adapter;
operating system win10 pro 64 bit;
program used SYmanager 2.2.2;

MIDI connection: OUT weighted keyboard -> IN MIDI interface - - - OUT MIDI interface -> IN Synth

made the regular MIDI connections with the PC, and opening the program but appears the following message: you have either no MIDI input or no output devices on your system; SY manager requires both input and output devices to work correctly;

Having said that, I ask if the MIDI interface needs a driver to work or maybe it is not compatible with the operating system?  :-\

Offline foksadure

• Stuck in 1997
    • View Profile
Ciao,

Vintage serial devices does not work well with USB/Serial adapters.

Furthermore, even though you'd connect the Cabletronics to the real COM port of your computer (they all still have at least one), you'd need a driver, which most likely does not exists for a 64bit OS.

I see from the other forum that you have bought a more modern MIDI USB interface.

Hope it's working.