Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Midi Timepiece 2 and USB keyspan USA 28x: no active midi input  (Read 1505 times)

Offline yungjoon

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Hi,

I set up a quicksilver with a keyspan and a midi timepiece 2.

What I did:

1- freemidi 1.08 installation
2- In freemidi the MTP is recognized, I can test the outputs (correct output leds respond)
3- OMS 2.3.8 installation
4- In OMS the MTP is recognized, I can test the outputs (correct output leds respond)
5- cubase VST 5.1 installation

In cubase I can send midi message to any output, but when I try to send midi notes from my keyboard (connected to MTP port 1) cubase don't receive them.

In OMS with test mode, outputs are ok, but no midi message is received from a midi in. Same behaviour with freemidi.

Has anyone got a similar config (usb keyspan + MTP2) ? If yes, can the midi messages be received from the midi in ports ?

I do not understand what is the trouble.

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Re: Midi Timepiece 2 and USB keyspan USA 28x: no active midi input
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 04:03:37 PM »
it could be physical damage to the MTP2 unit itself? i have seen similar problems with Opcode 64XTC device where one port was seemingly damaged + did not operate properly

or it could be related to the version of the driver of the USA28x device?

Cubase VST 5.1 was released way way way later on - in 2001? i believe?
wheras the MTP2 unit was released ten years earlier in 1990 or 1991 in a vastly different
hardware/software configuration (most likely marketted to Macintosh Plus / Beige desktop Mac users mostly)

have you tried using the MTP with only one or the other? FreeMIDI vs OMS?? (only one of the two? not both?)
i have been told getting both installed + working correctly can be tricky and problematic