Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Wayback Machine Appears to be Changing FOR THE WORSE!!!>>>  (Read 2508 times)

Offline P5r

• View Profile
Wayback Machine Appears to be Changing FOR THE WORSE!!!>>>
« on: January 15, 2022, 08:31:26 AM »
Let me first present the image-

I have also found many links to OTHER ZIPs, EXEs that have NOT YET redirected no longer provide the download they used to...

This appears to be happening RAPIDLY!...WTF?

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Re: Wayback Machine Appears to be Changing FOR THE WORSE!!!>>>
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 12:24:09 PM »
i saw something about a planned power outage affecting their servers last night. they have always been hit +miss with servers that go up + down its been that way for years

thats why its better to stash files on a forum post as an attachment on multuple forums for some of these small rare files

Offline P5r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:39:12 PM »
Well, I am CERTAINLY taking your advice on the attachment issue...AND THANK YOU MUCHLY!

As to power outages I have seen wayback down before many times but this one real odd not like before plus many links to archives NOW are 'dead'...You go to the snapshot to download the ZIP (or whatever) & nothing happens just blank white page no action...

Offline terryBipp2

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 10:33:32 AM »
Thanks for the helpful information
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 06:43:17 AM by terryBipp2 »