Author Topic: H8 Tracker 1.90 Beta - Test Tune, DL Links, Other, Win32>>>  (Read 941 times)

Offline Project5er

• Older Code, Cleaner Code
H8 Tracker 1.90 Beta - Test Tune, DL Links, Other, Win32>>>
« on: January 15, 2022, 10:30:02 AM »
Hello...

Made a video to add-
https://www.bitchute.com/video/9rXmCKt0b1CP/

Been messing with this little Tracker for awhile...Good for short-long tunes, intros, jingles....

I find it quite addicting the SIMPLICITY coupled with AUTOMATION as a forefront & focus...

This was coded by a Polish Kid (19 years old) in 2001 & many probably have never heard of it...

Here he is-

This was as far as the tracker got which was TOO BAD as it had some GREAT INGENIOUS concepts going...

He was working on an improved version but it was never released...

Here is authentic size of GUI with demo tune loaded & GUI-Less VSTi seen in dashboard with drawn curve-

Of course since it was a beta all is not peaches & cream...One must be MAN ENOUGH to tolerate a few pitfalls & be willing to work in a beta environment...More on that later...

So does it sound good? YES!!...Nice & full & XI instruments sound better than many other trackers especially SunVox. it ONLY hooks your directsound but seems to be a great combo as I had no problems...

Here is a tune I finished just a couple days ago using H8 Tracker which pretty much proves my point...NOTE!!-I did not have any crackles till I started recording the tune through the soundcard but a few are evident...I will have to try different recorders to get a cleaner render...

Also, NOT LONG AFTER I uploaded to Alonetone things went wacky there & tune suddenly stopped playing in the browser & you hit 'play' button & it just acts like 'download' button so much internet going straight to hell lately along with wayback machine-

https://alonetone.com/TalkOrBell/tracks/girl-cheese-sandwich

OK just got idea- Will load as attachment as well just in case AloneTone gets real weird...as right now I cannot upload a different version anyway...

Here is shot of Tracker as it is playing 'Girl Cheese Sandwich'-

As you see plugs WITH GUI must stay open & cannot be closed...

You can have as many sampler or VSTi as you want but FX are limited to 5 (sometimes 6) that act as sends so can be used with ANY instrument...

I like the challenge of the restriction-constriction aspect and in fact this would be a great 'CHALLENGE' Tracker for a contest type event as it is relatively portable (still uses registry to write paths to subfolders...but if you change location it rewrites new locations)...

There WAS a link to the wayback that worked but as of NOW it is dead just this one works-

http://www.maz-sound.de/archives/h8t190.zip

But who knows THAT ONE may vanish so I guess I will attach a copy here as well...NOTE!...It is ONLY 329 KB you will think it's not all there but it IS!...This also includes the Polish Kids Demo tune & 3 GUI-Less plugs!!...LOL! Coding efficiency!!!!

There are pattern commands but I don't use them as I mostly use VSTi-VST so this requires a VSTi-VST response which is drawing in the curves...

You can go through the curves list manually but you can optionally 'touch & barely wiggle' any VST knob or slider & THAT PARAMETER will come forefront...This works with GUIed plugs in their own window or GUI-less plugs in the H8 dashboard...

Since it came out in 2001 it is PICKY with VSTs...QUALITY ONLY works for GUIed plugs but most GUI-less work 100% (a few will crash)...I will make another post on GUI-less plugs later...

When auditioning plugs some may not sound when you bang the QWERTY but when you actually record then it should sort out...If a sound won't quit push the 'STOP' button...

By the way this is a QWERTY keyboard only Tracker...No cheating with MIDI controllers!

There is more but maybe later I have things to do

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 05:15:47 AM by Project5er »

Offline Project5er

Re: H8 Tracker 1.90 Beta - Test Tune, DL Links, Other, Win32>>>
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »
OK...Well...I found out AloneTone.com had just pushed an UPDATE to their website just right after I had put the tune up there...This makes the website basically non-functional for anyone using XP...I can't even reupload a more current version of 'Girl Cheese Sandwich'...

So I went back to Soundcloud, which I had not signed in since 2016...But everything works there in XP...

Here it is-

https://soundcloud.com/waxing-and-waning

I even made a custom header image using photoshop 5.5 (2001) and for my Avatar I am using a 3D character I made last fall (fall before) which is a marvel super-villian for 70's Hulk comic called the BiBeast...

I modeled (and painted) in Izware Nendo 1.5 (a 2005 app)...Then imported into Cinema 4D XL 7.303 (a 2001 app) where I stripped the paint job & just did a surfacing with procedural shaders then render the bust...

If any interest here are pics-

STARTING-

MOVING ON-

The NENDO PAINT JOB-

Over to CINEMA 4D XL7-

Offline Project5er

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 08:39:54 PM »
Was testing out some VSTi-VST to use in H8 Tracker...So figured since not a bother to upload here on occasion...

These are tested load, turn on, unload (many crash by now)then make simple pattern (for generators) save song file, OPEN song file everything good then add FX to test...SAVE song file, OPEN song file...CHECK to see sound is the same as when saved (all sliders-knobs remembered)...

Yeah, a bother but I'm used to it...

Anyway as attachment 3 VST (one VSTi) all tested pure no crashes-

The rhody is not that great but the two FX are pretty good & small GUI...

Offline Project5er

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 01:59:21 PM »
Screwed around early today...So have a few more all tested....

-Delay Lama
-dmiHammer
-dmiFlute
-Joes Jazzy Drums

Delay Lama one of the coolest of freebie VSTi for sure...Work GREAT in H8...Here I using 2 instances for bass counterpart with some automation going on...

The others pretty cool too...Have included my 'song' file so you can instantly test for yourself...If it don't work you are doin' something wrong...Check the images-

Offline Project5er

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 11:14:28 AM »
Got another...Group C...

-Wavestation (older commercial 'fixed' DLL)
-Emagic Vintage Piano (same)
-K Brown IMIJ (free)
-Drummm (free)

Wavestation has a few issues but not showstoppers...Nice sound is worth extra trouble...

SongFile included so you can test yourself...

Offline Project5er

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 06:52:18 PM »
Came across Full Bucket Music Kern tonight so made up another pattern test...

Everything fine...

-Muon Tau Bass 2 is old 'medicated' DLL...

-Came across Kern tonight, seeing that is it a native C++ code it functioned fine...This build just a few years old...

-BrainDOC Psycho-Phaser quite nice oldie...ALL BrainDOC excellent...