Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: low light house plants for work/studio areas  (Read 1408 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
low light house plants for work/studio areas
« on: January 17, 2022, 07:38:51 AM »
ALOE VERA %u2013 What's great about this plant is that it emits oxygen at night time whilst simultaneously taking in carbon dioxide- something we naturally produce when breathing. All this leads to a purer quality of air and a better night's sleep.Dec 27, 2018
^^^ good for work spaces + bedrooms with low light!  Aloe absorbs formaldehyde, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide.

SPIDER PLANT Chlorophytum (umm, isn%u2019t this a spider plant?) is an air filter itself.
Chlorophytum can perform photosynthesis under weak light and absorb harmful air.  One pot of Chlorophytum in 200 square foot room is enough to perform as an air filter, which releases oxygen and absorbs carcinogens like formaldehyde and styrene. Chlorophytum is very strong in absorbing carbon monoxide and formaldehyde.  It decomposes benzene and nicotine in tobacco as well.

SNAKE PLANT

CACTUS Yes, cactus produce oxygen (O2) as a result of the photosynthesis process. They release oxygen in order to inhale carbon dioxide (CO2) through tiny holes in their stem (Stomata). Then they use sunlight as energy to transfer the combination of carbon dioxide and water (H2O) into food. https://cityandgarden.com/do-cactus-produce-oxygen/ Cacti is the best in reducing radiation and bacteria..  In tackling pollution, cacti is also great at reducing radiation.  In addition, cacti absorbs carbon dioxide at night to release oxygen. Putting cacti in the room is helpful in sleeping and supplementing oxygen.

MONEY TREE  Pachira absorbs smoke well.
If you can%u2019t avoid smokers in your life, you can put pachira around you, which is effective at absorbing smoke. It also absorbs carbon dioxide and monoxide, and releases oxygen.

MONSTERA https://shop.bradfordgreenhouses.com/products/everlasting-monstera-90cm

https://thisgreenearth.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/top-10-plants-to-improve-indoor-air-quality/

i have converted the clothing closets of my bedroom + studio room into indoor gardens with grow lights etc
greatly affects the quality of the air in the room!

Offline P5r

• View Profile
Re: low light house plants for work/studio areas
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 10:14:59 AM »
Absolutely smart thing to do especially for Urbanites & even SubUrbanites...

Not only for the lack of natural plants but the concentrated Why-Fries, 4G-5G are all oxygen stealing emanations & even if a person DON'T have Why-Fry their neighbors certainly do as it doesn't stop at property lines...

I live way out in boondocks...Trees-shrubs everywhere & you cannot keep the forest 'beat back' in spring-summer...Nearest neighbor plenty distance away with tons of microwave-absorbent trees inbetween...

I am all cable here no why-fry as i am hyper-sensitive to those 'death-pod' modems...Back in 2015 they ran fiber-optic out here & by end of 2016 you had to sign up or lose all internet-phone...I told them 'Come out with a crew & take it ALL DOWN!!' Next day got a call saying there was a simple converter optic-to-cable they could install...

So I asked WHY wasn't this offered in the beginning...ANS- "We are told to PUSH the modem & ONLY offer alternate if someone is willing to completely disconnect"....