Author Topic: EvoBeats Sequential Vibes 1.02 Win32 - Rare Tracker of Old>>>  (Read 550 times)

Offline Project5er

• Older Code, Cleaner Code
EvoBeats Sequential Vibes 1.02 Win32 - Rare Tracker of Old>>>
« on: January 19, 2022, 02:01:10 PM »
This came out in 2003 which is kinda on the fence but it's operation as to nowadays is more as a vintage tracker...

This is not known by even many tracker fanatics...It was a commercial venture in 2003 & it was available as far as 2016 but just the same version 1.02...So there was a push in the beginning & that's it...

Probably the SIMPLEST Tracker that utilizes VSTi-VST-DX plugins it is a good starter for the beginner as such & it has less 'issues' than say H8 Tracker...

It is setup very intelligent & straightforward & also you can pick two different audio editors to shortcut to when using sample instruments...

Their ORIGINAL Screen-

My Screen-

But like most things in life everything IS NOT peaches & cream...

FIRST- Being a 2003 relese VST scanning is hit-miss you must add plugs one-two at a time, open...If GUI shows up you are good to go. If crash you must remove offending plugs...USE QUALITY PLUGS ONLY...No 'bad' synthedits (synthmaker plugs seems OK though)...

If you get a BAD CRASH it may not even open again in this case delete-

C:\Program Files\SequentialVibes\data\VstCache.dat

And start over...

SECOND- This sometimes won't run at all on different XP machines I have so I don't know why but be warned...

THIRD- This was made by German devs who unfortunately made the keyboard layout their local QWERTZ format not QWERTY. So using your keyboard will require remapping your brain...If you have a MIDI keyboard then all is well & no problems...

That's pretty much it...It has pattern effect commands but those are only when using a sample instrument...There IS automation but you record the knob twist while playing type...There is no automation lanes & drawing curves...

Sounds as good as anything else out there...IF YOU CAN'T LEARN THIS TRACKER THEN FORGET ANY OTHER...

Offline Project5er

• Older Code, Cleaner Code
Re: EvoBeats Sequential Vibes 1.02 Win32 - Rare Tracker of Old>>>
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 02:22:43 PM »
Seems like I made it sound worse than what it is for plug scanning...Here is an image of plugs that WORK FINE so far & maybe it will give you a hint as to what to try...Some folders there contain MANY....

As you see here there is WAY MORE than enough to make ANY kinda music...