Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Echo Darla on Win 10 (64bit)  (Read 2069 times)

Offline koba

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Echo Darla on Win 10 (64bit)
« on: June 03, 2022, 04:21:24 AM »
Hello! I'm not at all software savvy. But I would really like to install my Echo Darla on Win 10 (64bit). It worked in win 7/32 bit but doesn't install at all in windows 10 (64 bit). I really liked how this card sounded and worked. Can you please tell me if it is possible to install it on Windows 10?

Offline P5r

• View Profile
Re: Echo Darla on Win 10 (64bit)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 11:36:49 AM »
Well, If you can't find drivers for it that will work in windows 10 it's all over...This is common as mud to have stuff work in windows 7 but NOT windows 10....

I recommend buying an old machine with XP SP3 on it & use THAT...forget windows 10...You could go back to windows 7 but XP will do just as good using way less resources plus you can run even farther back the vintage soft...

Offline _keeper_

• new to the site
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 09:46:19 PM »
I think that there is no easy way if you are not tech savy.

Butt...Emu 1616M(and other from the same series) were not be able to operate on W10....untill somebody wrote a script

This might be a long shot yes, but recently i installed Audio Interface not intended to work on W7 32bit, only w95-XP...without problems.

The problem is that w10 has its own agenda that needs to be terminated using way of the "Safe mode" and potentially blocking the automatic driver installation service, which could give you more headroom. But as i said, that needs scripting which some folks do in case many people are in search for the solution of the problem.

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 06:26:57 PM »
dont think thats going to work.. you might try windows 8.1 or windows 10 32bit if theres no 64 bit drivers

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 10:06:48 PM »
there is a 64bit driver for Mac mackintosh tho    ;D