Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: Issue with Keyspan and internal modem port  (Read 1547 times)

Offline ehma

• new to the site
    • View Profile
Issue with Keyspan and internal modem port
« on: August 01, 2022, 04:40:57 AM »
Hello,

I use a Keyspan to convert USB->Serial (with OS 9.22). I remember that I could use both (printer and modem port) in all midi applications.
Today the modem port does not work. It is recognized by the Keyspan application but no midi messages come out on this port from the sequencers and I have no errors. I think this is because the internal modem port has priority over the Keyspan modem port. Is there any way to give the Keyspan port priority over the internal modem port (or disable internal modem port) ?

Thanks to all for the leads/ideas on this problem.

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Re: Issue with Keyspan and internal modem port
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 02:09:05 PM »
Hello,

I use a Keyspan to convert USB->Serial (with OS 9.22). I remember that I could use both (printer and modem port) in all midi applications.
Today the modem port does not work. It is recognized by the Keyspan application but no midi messages come out on this port from the sequencers and I have no errors. I think this is because the internal modem port has priority over the Keyspan modem port. Is there any way to give the Keyspan port priority over the internal modem port (or disable internal modem port) ?

Thanks to all for the leads/ideas on this problem.

need some more information, theres a few different models of the  Keyspan USB-Serial adapter...
did u recently change the driver? on which mac are you using this?

sorry just noticed im responding to a post from last summer..