Recent | Who | Artists | Firewire | USB | Gfx | Windows | Mac | MacOS9 | IBM/DOS | ATARI ST | Midi Interfaces | Sequencers | MPCs | Roland "MC" | Roland "S" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai "S" | Samplers | soft-Samplers | Synths | soft-Synths (VSTi) | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Tape | Mixers | hardware Effects | soft Effects | iOS | android | sw Timeline | HackintoshReason

Oct 24th :: fixed some minor permission problems with some of the areas of the site that were not accessible by guests; login with an account for best results

Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
midi - Parallel (PC) / Re: Motu Midi Timepiece AV (non-usb) (1996)
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 23, 2021, 12:55:44 PM »
ok so ive tried the above and it still is the case that i have only MTP ALL or MTP ADATs are the only two options for midi ports outputs on a channel inside software programs Cubase or Logic....

not sure what i can do except other than trying a different version of os (win95 or win3.1) or perhaps even the first version of win98 instead of SE.....

if anyone has any experience with this please enlighten me!
We've found that legacy devices like sound Blaster cards cause problems with MIDI interfaces.

this might be my problem.. i guess i should uninstall the Soundblaster cards that i have installed now and try again.

***update! SUCCESS!!
I had a combination of a VIBRA16 + and EMU8000 addon gold finch board taking up two ISA slots - after removing them and also disabling my network card in the device manager and rebooting a few times im now able to see all the channels listed in the cubase 2.8 MME setup (see photo)
midi - Parallel (PC) / Re: Motu Midi Timepiece AV (non-usb) (1996)
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 23, 2021, 11:20:23 AM »
anyone out there have experience with installing the MTPAV drivers on windows 98SE?

im having a problem where im only able to output to a channel called MTP:ALL or whatever
and the individual outputs dont show up inside Cubase 2.8, or Logic 2.5.7

im suspecting that the driver i have was dated 1996 and in some places March 1997
98SE wasnt out till 1999 so maybe something was changed thats causing it to not work properly..

maybe i need to look for a different version of the driver.

https://motu.com/techsupport/faqs/av98.html/
Mark of the Unicorn has been diligently investigating compatibility issues between the MIDI Timepiece AV and Windows 98. A symptom that some of our users have experienced when working with this combination is that the MTP/AV driver will successfully load, but upon reboot, only two MIDI ports appear in the Multimedia Control Panel: MTPAV Out All, and MTPAV Out ADATs. We have recently discovered two possible ways to work around this issue until we have an updated driver available.

ok this is EXACTLY the problem im having now... im surprised to see that their fix is to remove TCP/IP protocol? that makes no sense!!!!!
Gear Lists from artists + friends / David Alvarado
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 23, 2021, 10:33:54 AM »
AmigaOS (1985) / booting from Gotek USB on the Amiga
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 21, 2021, 11:31:03 PM »
intel Pentium (Mar 1993) / just ordered this RTC battery replcement
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 21, 2021, 11:28:30 PM »
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/maxim-integrated/DS12887A/956873
just grabbed this for my gigabyte GA586VX
the board has a socket for the ODIN chip which no longer retains bios info
im sure it will work once the battery/rtc is replaced

Atari TOS v1.0 (1985) / musicians and the ATARI ST
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 21, 2021, 11:11:50 PM »
General / Miscellaneous / amiga 500 mini to be released
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 20, 2021, 10:19:31 PM »
Windows 3.1 (Apr 1992) / digital soup
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 20, 2021, 10:03:53 PM »
http://www.muzines.co.uk/articles/souper-trouper/10743

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
386 or 486 PC
Microsoft Windows 3.1
At least 2MB of memory
MPC compatible sound card Mouse (or other pointing device)
At least 5MB free disk space
photo of the SMPII unit with interface card which looks like its for IBM/PC ISA slot

midi ins + outs : 2 in 4 out (16 x 4 = 64 channels?)
midi - Serial (MAC) 90s / Re: Motu Midi Timepiece (1990) macintosh MIDI interface
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 19, 2021, 10:40:57 PM »
http://www.muzines.co.uk/articles/software-support/10488

SMPII INTERFACE CARD
The tempting prices of laptop and notebook PCs (IBM-compatible) make them look like good platforms for Cubase Windows, but there are some important issues to consider. Laptops have no expansion bus available, so standard MIDI interface cards using the ISA bus cannot be fitted. There are a growing number of serial port MIDI interfaces around, but be warned that many of them come with a disclaimer stating that the manufacturer cannot guarantee operation in all conditions. The fact that Steinberg supplies drivers for for this type of interface doesn't mean that we have magically made it all work.

The internal architecture of some PCs means serial port MIDI interfaces will not work properly. If you take your sequencing seriously you need a reliable interface. Basically that means one that fits into the ISA-EISA expansion slots or the parallel port. Steinberg support standard MPU cards as a 1-in/1-out MIDI interface solution, but also support other multi-input/output cards. Two of the most notable are the Steinberg SMPII and the MOTU MIDI Time Piece. Both of these units require an interface card that fits into an expansion slot before the unit can be fitted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »