Recent | Who | Artists | Firewire | USB | Gfx | Windows | Mac | MacOS9 | IBM/DOS | ATARI ST | Midi Interfaces | Sequencers | MPCs | Roland "MC" | Roland "S" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai "S" | Samplers | soft-Samplers | Synths | soft-Synths (VSTi) | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Tape | Mixers | hardware Effects | soft Effects | iOS | android | sw Timeline | HackintoshReason

Oct 24th :: fixed some minor permission problems with some of the areas of the site that were not accessible by guests; login with an account for best results

Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Removable Front Panel of My "Z8" hangs at the time of inclusion, the download of the built-in operating system is interrupted, all buttons light indicators are shining, but do not react to pressing!
At the same time, "Z8" fully maintains performance through the USB and AKSYS application!
Who faced this phenomenon? Help me please!
MS-DOS 3.31 (Nov 1987) / Emagic Unitor8 mkII Win98 drivers
« Last post by synclavier on October 09, 2021, 09:08:10 PM »
Does anyone have these available to download? I've scoured the net and can't find them. Thank you!
Mac OS 9 (Oct 1999) / Re: Setting up a new machine for cubase using Os9
« Last post by chrisNova777 on October 09, 2021, 03:42:20 PM »
yea i had to replace memory in my mdd aswell back in the day
memory def causes lots of crashes if its gone bad or oxidation etc
Mac OS 9 (Oct 1999) / Edirol FA-101 not recognized in OS9
« Last post by slowsounds on October 01, 2021, 10:24:59 AM »
Hello,

Based on the information at http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php?topic=9.0, I bought a second hand Edirol FA-101 to use with some audio software I'm testing on an iBook G3 (Dual USB) and Powerbook G4 (Titanium, DVI.) On both laptops, both running OS9.2.2, I've only had varying degrees of failure:

On the iBook, the FA-101 is recognized when running on bus power. System Profiler lists it under "Firewire" as "fwa02d, 10001", and the "FA-101 Control Panel" will launch and allow me to adjust buffer settings. The red "Firewire" light on the device lights up. However, no input or output devices are listed for the FA-101 in the Sound control panel, and no application will recognize it.

On the Powerbook, the red light lights up, but the FA-101 is not recognized at all when running on bus power. Upon launching "FA-101 Control Panel," I get an error indicating that the unit is not plugged in, and it is not listed under System Profiler. I'm also getting a clicking/buzzing sound from inside the laptop whenever I move the mouse pointer, or when there is disk/CPU activity while the unit is plugged in (based on some searching on the web, this seems to be a common problem with Powerbooks and Firewire.)

I have also tested powering the unit with a 9V 1A center negative DC adapter, and the results are identical, except that the red light will not light up with the Powerbook in this case.

I would appreciate any help or pointers as to what might be going wrong.
Windows XP (Oct 2001) / How do I disable ACPI mode on Windows XP?
« Last post by chrisNova777 on September 29, 2021, 04:39:41 AM »
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/disable-acpi-mode-windows-xp/

How do I disable ACPI mode on Windows XP?
Article #28268 Updated on Apr 27, 2007 at 12:00 AM
ACPI mode * for VERY Advanced users * only necessary if IRQ steps are unmanageable * will not likely help laptop computers *

* This step is recommended to be one of the LAST RESORT options to try since it drastically changes your system’s IRQ configuration. Current computers RARELY need this step done.

If you have all your device on IRQ 9, 10, or 11 and changing PCI slots doesn’t change this, or if you have devices on IRQs higher than 15 in Windows XP it’s because you are running in ACPI mode. This can cause problems due to sharing and IRQs the hardware doesn’t know how to handle. Here’s how you can switch back to the normal Win98-BIOS-controlled IRQs.

* This step is not recommended for DUAL PROCESSOR machines – disabling ACPI will disable dual-processor support.

* WARNING: YOU MUST HAVE ALL HARDWARE DRIVERS AVAILABLE AT RESTART. This will re-detect ALL your hardware, and any hardware drivers needed will be asked for. THERE IS A (slight) CHANCE THIS WILL RENDER YOUR SYSTEM UNBOOTABLE, do this at your own risk.

* If you have a USB mouse, you may need to find an old PS/2 (round connector) mouse. USB is one of the last devices detected in this process, and therefore your mouse pointer will be unusable for part of this process if it is USB.

To disable ACPI, you’ll need to change the system setting from ‘ACPI-PC’ to ‘Standard-PC’. Right-Click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Computer -> Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC -> Driver -> Update Driver -> Install from a list or specific location -> Don’t Search.. -> Standard-PC.

Note that changing this means that all drivers of your hardware are re-installed (keep the driver disks available). Additionally, make sure that PNP OS INSTALLED in BIOS is set to NO (very important). Also note that disabling ACPI mode may cause your computer to not power off when you perform a Windows shutdown. Simply push the power button after performing a shutdown.

Reversing this step – re-enabling ACPI – can be as simple asrepeating this step and choosing ACPI-compliant PC instead of Standard. Again, this will require drivers to be reloaded.
a third party driver was eventually developed
https://github.com/kxproject/kX-Audio-driver-website/blob/master/FAQ
probably referring to the KX project driver?
Voyetra Sequencer Plus / Re: VOYETRA Sequencer+ gold v4.10 (Nov 1992)
« Last post by ultramars on September 18, 2021, 11:11:57 PM »
hi guys,
i am looking for the light version: Sequencer Plus Junior
it's the version that was bundled with the sound blaster if i am correct.
anyone has got this for me to download please? :)
Cubase (1990s) / Re: Cubase 1.x for Macintosh
« Last post by belzrebuth on September 12, 2021, 07:09:39 AM »
Is this version available somewhere?
I only found the "lite" version 1.02 but it doesn't have a piano roll editor like this one.
v1.02 "lite" only has a score editor except if I'm missing something.
me personally i think i was still using a 8088 or 8086 in 1987 even if the 286 was released it was very high end at the time and not common place! Tandy 1000 or Ibm PC jr were far more prevalent back around that time.. i think i was using a Tandy 1000 HX at the time

Atari ST wasnt nearly as prevalent as the tandy.. in Ontario Canada where i lived
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »