Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) proudly SSL-FREE! and serving vintage computers worldwide! if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration.

Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
yea it could be something to do with your serial ports configuration, or lack of a proper serial port, the only thing we can do is try different vintage hardware ie : different chipset motherboards >? i have a 386dx40, a 486dx2-80, a pentium 75Mhz, a PII-233, a PIII-700, a K6-2 450, all these boards have different chipsets, perhaps the crack has some type of incompatibility with certain chipsets.. i also have 2 of the serial dongles so i can do some testing soon as i get some free time

what are your com port settings???? all COM ports have a reserved memory I/O Address (actually a range) and an Interrupt ReQuest (IRQ).example: https://www.modemhelp.net/faqs/com.shtml

maybe it only works on computers with a certain bios, phoenix vs award etc
just throwing ideas
No logs generated, but I've tried the same thing with DosBox and I got the message:
"XGA: wrote to port 6bd8 with ff, len 1" from the emulator status window when it stops.
I assume port 6bd8 is the dummy serial port of DosBox, but this time I got a slightly
different error message, as you can see in the pic.
I'll keep on trying different settings and configurations until I'll get it to work.
drum - 1980s / TR-909 FIRMWARE VERSION 5 UPGRADE!!!
« Last post by chrisNova777 on May 20, 2024, 06:27:56 AM »

R-909 FIRMWARE VERSION 5 UPGRADE!!!
// The most wonderful thing that could have ever happened for Roland TR-909 owners and lovers has actually happened.

Addictive Instruments have produced an upgraded firmware board, along with a display upgrade that replace a couple of IC%u2019s to your TR-909 and solve some long standing, heartbreaking problems:

Most importantly: Midi Clock Timing.
Some are %u201Cfine%u201D some are horrible. Some work fine with firmware v.1 but not with firmware v.4. Others work horribly with v.1 and just fine with v.4. Others don%u2019t work very well with either. Mine is the latter - a bonafide Roland TR-909 with firmware v.1 inside. Starts late 90% of the time, and when it%u2019s right, it drifts away after a few measures.
I performed major surgery and installed firmware v.4 and found that while it did correct the midi timing, din sync was demolished, and it crashed all the time.
So I switched back to v.1 and just used din sync.

With the Revolution TR-909 version 5 this simply isn%u2019t a problem anymore. Midi clock is spot on. Din sync is perfect. Problem completely solved.

Plus:
%u2022 Switch between pattern play and pattern write modes without stopping. So you can add and subtract to the beat. In performance, change the last step and more.
%u2022 Mutes are added. Mute and un mute with the touch of a button.
%u2022 Shift select allows us to change patterns mid pattern!
The external instrument section can be mapped - setup devices, or choose your midi notes per key. It%u2019s amazing.
%u2022 Works just fine with the RE-909 too (I%u2019ve seen it myself)!
There%u2019s so much more. It%u2019s so fabulous.
I%u2019ve been waiting a long time to be able to tell you about this, and that day is today!

Here%u2019s the link:
https://addictiveinstruments.fr
https://addictiveinstruments.fr/en/kits/1-revolution909.html

Best news of the year!
Grateful for and so proud of this team for actually pulling this off. It went right into my 909 and it works beautifully!

Yay
ya 64mb sounds proper.. hmmm is there any crash logs generated by that that would indicate what the cause?
Thanks for your reply, I have 64MB installed, but I don't think that's the problem.
I just edited my signature with the rest of my computer specs.
By the way, my first PC back in 1995, was a 486 DX2 @ 80MHz, 8 MB ram and a 400 MB HDD
with the same O.S. installed. I still have it and its working fine but I don't use it anymore!  8)
how much ram do you have installed?
ive run into problems like this, albeit on classic macintosh platform, wherein the app would work with 1gb and below ram but not with over 1gb installed... can u try to remove some ram? what hardware are you using to run win3.11? 384 Mb ram was alot back in the 90s, early 90s most 386/486 pcs had like 32mb-64mb ram etc

thank you to undertaker for finding this! hopefully i find some time to check into it myself aswell
Here is a crack for Logic v2.0, I've found on a warez cd-rom from 1995!
It seems to patch the executable file successfully, but then Logic 2 hangs while loading.
I have tried it on my old Win 3.11 PC and on 86Box with the same results.
Windows ME (Sep 2000) / AMD K6-2 (May 1998) vs Pentium II & Pentium III
« Last post by chrisNova777 on May 13, 2024, 06:45:55 PM »

The K6-2 is an x86 microprocessor introduced by AMD on May 28, 1998, and available in speeds ranging from 266 to 550 MHz
Windows XP (Oct 2001) / Re: myPal Browser for XP (a MUST HAVE!!! in 2024)
« Last post by chrisNova777 on May 12, 2024, 02:53:14 PM »
this just worked to allow me to access certain sites i was not able to access at all on most Windows XP browsers.
such as github.com, (allowed me to properly access the RELEASES downloads..) pastebin.com, etc
so this is a must have!!! for people still using XP!

this one browser works on many many sites that doesnt
https://www.mypal-browser.org/

Mypal strives to provide a current, secure, and reliable browser for Windows XP.
Many computers are still useful despite their age, but would be bogged down by modern operating systems like Windows 10 that are much more resource intensive than Windows XP, or don't support the hardware.

Unfortunately, many developers choose not to support Windows XP due to its age.
In contrast, the Mypal developers offer a fully up-to-date browser, to make that old computer useful again!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »