Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration, while other Guest permissions have been added such as guest posting of attachments and guest responses to threads!

Author Topic: DVI > VGA : better quality image  (Read 3789 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • View Profile
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
DVI > VGA : better quality image
« on: February 28, 2018, 07:54:39 AM »
before you throw out an old monitor for being blurry be sure to check whether its running from an analog (VGA) or a digital (DVI) connection

i almost threw out a flat panel by acer that i had because i thought it was crap!!! and it was so blurry i could hardly read text from the monitor.. surely it was trash..
but then for some reason i hooked up the DVI connection cable and it seems that the VGA cable was to blame, it was too low quality with not enough shielding. so if you must use a VGA connection, try to get the best cable you can.. otherwise always choose a DVI connection over VGA! to achieve a better performance from your hardware