Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) proudly SSL-FREE! and serving vintage computers worldwide! if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration.

Author Topic: Kickstart 3.1.4 requires 2MB RAM and 5MB Hard drive  (Read 562 times)

Offline chrisNova777

• Underground tech support agent
  • Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage audio production software + hardware info
Kickstart 3.1.4 requires 2MB RAM and 5MB Hard drive
« on: October 04, 2023, 08:48:55 AM »
https://www.hyperion-entertainment.com/index.php/frequently-asked-questions/55-amigaos-314/190-what-are-the-hardware-requirement-for-amigaos-314

some inconsiderate person sold me an amiga 500 with a gotek installed, but sold it to me without the RAM, and without a USB stick with the neccessary OS to boot.. confused the hell out of me for a long while, not very nice to do to someone trying to buy their first amiga. (The sellers name was Tin Nyugen, be careful he sells alot of retro computers in toronto canada the guy literally couldnt care less that he didnt explain anything about the system to me)

What are the hardware requirement for AmigaOS 3.1.4?
A Kickstart 3.1.4 ROM (desirable), or an old Kickstart 3.1 ROM (not the best choice since you will have 3.1.4 loading ROM modules and this will eat extra RAM, take more time to boot, will not provide several AutoConfig fixes, and will give you an additional reboot. Furthermore, you won't be able to directly boot into partitions outside the first 4 GB of your hard disk).

2 MB of total RAM (total memory is calculated by adding up Chip RAM and Fast RAM altogether).

5 MB of free hard disk space.