Recent | Online | Vintage | Modern | Win | Mac  OS9 | DOS | Amiga | Atari ST | Graphics | Midi io | Sequencers | Roland "MC" | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai MPCs | Samplers | Akai "S" | Roland "S"Synths | VST Samplers | VST Synths | Roland "JV" | Modules | Drums | Mixers | Timeline | HackintoshArtists | Graphics

Welcome to Oldschooldaw.com! (Online since 2014) proudly SSL-FREE! and serving vintage computers worldwide! if you are human, Register & Login to gain more access to all boards here; Some guest permissions have been limited to reduce traffic from bots and encourage registration.

Author Topic: Mutools - Mulab 7.XX  (Read 552 times)

Offline dawful

• new to the site
Mutools - Mulab 7.XX
« on: October 16, 2023, 04:14:00 AM »
As I must (Win98FE WDM/DX/DXi bug) I use KernelEx. So, this in untested without the use of KernelEx.

The MME audio engine does not work. You must use ASIO, at least ASIO4ALL. Perhaps this is different on Win98SE/ME.
Otherwise, it is running as solid as Reaper v6 (like a rock).
I am running in XP compatibility mode, with Advanced option "Don't use these settings in child processes".

I am running this on a 1.2Ghz Pentium M. I would recommend a faster system. In two of the demos I had to render a track, in each, to WAV (freeze the track). After the render, you mute the original track. This I had to do, to avoid audio clipping. If you were working with mostly samples this would probably be fine, on a machine like mine. Actually, I'm surprised I only had to freeze one track. On the other hand, that is why the freeze option is there.

It is possible newer versions of Mulab would also work. But, I don't own any to test.

Offline dawful

• new to the site
Re: Mutools - Mulab 7.XX
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 05:24:28 AM »
There is one snag. Most of the program's file browsing does not work (expects NT5 or newer). There is a work around. One built in file browser actually works. On the right hand of the screen there is a file browser. At the top there is a "What" option. Select "All Files". This will let you browse to your VST/VSTi .DLL or audio .WAV sample. You drag Instruments or Samples to the Far left, and effects to their rack location. This will also work with presets and samples, for the built in Synths. On the plus side, once you have add a VST/VSTi .Dll, it can be found in the "VST Synths" or "VST Effects" section of the "What" browser option.

Offline dawful

• new to the site
Re: Mutools - Mulab 7.XX
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 08:46:41 PM »
Well, the smiley face was not intentional. Here is something special, about Mulab.