this site exists for reference purposes for all those interested in learning about the original hardware + software from the late 1980s + early 1990s thanks for visiting
Who | MIDI Interfaces | Software | TIMELINE | PCI | ISA | ATARI ST | DOS/PC | WIN/PC | MAC | Drums | Synths | Modules |Sequencers | Samplers | Tape Rec | Mix Consoles |
Artists | Recent | VST | ios inst | E-mu | Ensoniq | Akai "S" Series | Akai MPCs | Roland "S" Series | Drum Machines | Roland JV Addons | early 90s Synths | late 80s synths
guests are encouraged to: REGISTER to view file attachments + add relevant videos, downloads, resources. (credit your SOURCE!).to post a vid just paste url!

Offline chrisNova777

• Administrator
  • "Vintage MIDI Sequencing + Audio Production"
    • | vintage audio production software + hardware info

MAC: Pro Tools LE 6.2.3 for Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" (untested)
WIN: Pro Tools LE 6.1.1 for Windows XP
were the last versions of Pro Tools that support Audiomedia III hardware.

Pro Tools LE 6.2.3 for Mac OS X 10.3 (untested) and Pro Tools LE 6.1.1 for Windows XP were the last versions of Pro Tools that support Audiomedia III hardware.

other versions you can use are:
Pro Tools LE 6.1.2 for Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar)
Pro Tools LE 5.1.1 for Mac OS 9
Pro Tools LE 5.1.1 for Win98se/ME
Pro Tools LE 5.0.1 for Mac OS 8.6 & 9 (PDF)

Audiomedia III cards are not compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or with Power Mac G5
so if you want to use your AMIII card on Mac Os X you can do so up to OSX Panther (10.3.9)

Please note: It may be possible to use the digidesign ASIO drivers to use non-Digidesign software under tiger as this has been documented with the digi001
[macos9] The following items must be installed: -DigiSystem INIT (DSI) v5.1-----System Folder>Extensions Folder -Direct I/O v5.1 -----System Folder>Extensions Folder -Digidesign ASIO Direct I/O driver -----ASIO drivers folder

more info

im searching for the windows 3.1 driver for this sound card, the audio media III pci card, if anyone has it can you please attach it as a file attachment in a response to this thread!!! its possible that the v1.3 win95 driver (labelled "AMIII Wave Driver Version 1.3 PC" on the 1.44mb floppy) may work in windows 3.1 i have to check that out - the install guide ( does not mention windows 3.1 but earlier documentation *Does*

AMIII Specs/Features -
4 simultaneous inputs and outputs with Pro Tools LE - 2 analog, 2 digital S/PDIF:

Two Analog Inputs: (-10dBV, unbalanced RCA connections)
Two Analog Outputs: (-10dBV, unbalanced RCA connections)
Analog Converter Resolution - 18-bit, 1-bit Delta-Sigma; 128x Oversampling

Stereo Digital Input and Output: (S/PDIF, RCA connections)
Maximum Digital Resolution - 24-bit

THD: 0.008% @ 1 kHz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 88 dB, 22 Hz - 22 kHz band-limited, (input-to-output)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:44:26 PM by chrisNova777 »